Custom Search

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

McLellan Family Reunion




Growing up in the South there are certain things that you do. Family Reunions are one of them. I always went to the McLellan family reunion as a kid and sometimes did it begrudgingly.




For the most part they were super fun. My first memories of the reunion was at my grandparents house in their backyard. It then moved to the Holmes County State park. At the park, me and my cousins would explore the trails the lake and the skating rink. It was always a fun time, kids playing and the "old folks" sitting around talking.




The last reunion that I attended was the summer that we got married almost 12 years ago. We moved away and the family reunion moved from Holmes County to Oxford, MS to a relative's farm. It was a ton of fun.




My boys may not grow up in Mississippi but I definitely want them to know about their Mississippi roots. Family is so important.


Reed made fast friends with his cousins, Saya, Luna, and Andrews. It was a super time. We will definitely go back next year.

No comments: