Custom Search

Monday, November 16, 2009

Operation Christmas Child - Sunday School Party



Yesterday, we had our Sunday School Christmas party. We decided that we would put boxes together for Operation Christmas Child, so we had to have our Christmas party early.



We have an AMAZING group of preteens this year! I just love them.



They are silly and sweet.



After church, we went to Pizza Hut for the buffet and then we all headed to Wal-Mart.



I had the boys with the help of Kaylee's father, Travis. Abbey took part of the girls' group, and Candace took the other half. D'ann and Lee Ann helped them.



They were so much fun to watch shop. They were also very generous so we were able to blow past our original goal of 20 boxes and head straight to 31 boxes.

Look at all this loot!



Here's some of the items for the girls' boxes.



Some of the things for the boys boxes.



The assembly line.



Becca made sure that Reed had a learning experience as well.



We pray Reed will always be a generous giver.



31 boxes.



So great to see preteens' happily, gladly, generously giving to other preteens in parts of the world that are less fortunate.

3 comments:

theglenns556 said...

I believe that if we teach them and model generosity to them then they will get it. At least I pray that is true. I want Jonah to be a cheerful giver to God and generous giver to others. I didn't let him help with our shoeboxes. i should have!

Kerry said...

Oh, I love this idea! I'm waiting until Dec. 1 to visit Dollar Store with Holly!

What great kids! The older they get the harder it is to get them to think of others, so keep up the good work! You are helping them become generous & selfless adults!

Anonymous said...

Jeff, there is a fella in this group who soooo resembles you as a youngster. When I first pulled up this picture....I thought you had some old pictures from your past. In the group picture, he is second one on second row!!!! GREAT PROJECT!!! MOM