Custom Search

Friday, March 23, 2012

Tuck's Last Day in Taiwan

 For Tuck's last day in Taiwan, we decided to head to Taipei 101. Well, first we went to IKEA because we can't stand being within a 10-mile radius of IKEA and not going. When we were almost done walking through it, we both began to wonder exactly why we felt the need to go and look at things that we couldn't fit into our luggage.
 At Taipei 101, I would a great potential for peopleofwalmart.com. This guy had on parachute pants that would have saved us all if we had fallen from 101.
 This is the damper baby, or as Reed calls him "little buddy."

 This is a beautiful coral sculpture that was on display. Coral is a gemstone that I am referring to—not coral reef.
 Abbey and I fell in love with coral on this trip. It has such a beautiful color, but we also found that it has a high price. I loved this necklace, but it stayed in Taiwan.
 I also loved this bracelet, but if you check our bags, you will not find it. IT is in Taiwan as well. We did finally find a coral bracelet that fit our pocket book, but I forgot to get a picture of it. Good thing you will get to see it on Abbey sometime. We also bought this piece of unfinished coral that had been carved into the shape of Taiwan. It became our family souvenir. I forgot to get a photo, so I'll have to put on on FB.
 Tuck slept most of the time while we were at 101, but he finally woke up.

One of our favorite photos of Taiwan with Reed is one of Abbey with Reed on this bench. See below.
I can't believe how much our Reedy has grown and how much my Abbey has shrunk!
 When Tuck finally woke up, it was time for a few photos with me. Tuck was not overly impressed with any of the photo taking while at the top of 101. I think it was because he heard me mention there was a Coldstone Creamery at the bottom of 101.
 Tuck is such a sweet little man. He is learning to get used to constant kisses from Daddy.

 I broke down and tried bubble tea while we were at the top of 101. I am not sure who the lady is that I am standing next to, but thought it might add interest to the photo. By the way, no one told me that the "bubbles" were chewy!
 When we got back to the hotel, Tuck was being uber cute, so Abbey made an impromptu photo session.

 Being uber cute, must be exhausting because Tuck literally fell asleep right in the middle of his photo session.

 A friend of mine in America, let a friend of hers in Taipei know we were in town. We got to have dinner with them at "The Diner". It was fantastic! It's a definite stop the next time we are in Taiwan.

 Our new friends have two adorable bio sons and one adorable Taiwanese son!
We were supposed to try to stay up so we could sleep on the plane. I held my end of the bargain until 2:00 AM. Some others did not!

No comments: