Custom Search

Friday, March 23, 2012

Tuck's Homecoming!

 Thursday morning in Taiwan, AKA Wednesday afternoon in America, we headed to the airport.

 We got to the airport and loaded the plane to head to Tokyo. This was a flight on a 777 which was a very nice plane. Too bad this flight was only 4 hours instead of the long flight which was on a 747-400 which was a ratty old plane!

 Tuck was a trooper and we sat next to an extremely understanding man who let us get up a thousand times and never complained. Tuck slept most of the flight except for a few times when he really wanted to stand up.

 Our layover in Detroit was 3 hours, but we were glad because we thought we needed it to get through immigration. Immigration and customs was a breeze, and because we landed early, we were at our gate three hours early!

 Tuck and I took a quick nap and then we were ready to come home. Abbey spent the time by taking a picture of me and Tuck taking our nap and posting it on FB!

 Uncle Bill had to catch a flight to Phoenix so he was already at the airport and met us at the gate. He was excited to see Tuck.

 We were so excited to see our boys. It was like I missing half of my heart for the past week. I loved the time that Abbey and I had with Tuck, but we certainly missed our boys like crazy!

 This was the second time I had ugly cry on the trip. The first time was when I left the boys and this time was when we got home to the boys! Reed kept saying "Daddy, you are silly. Why are you crying?"

 Nash was a little bit more cautious with welcoming us home. Of course, he is not one who loves big crowds and lots of attention, so that could have played a part in it. Reed and Nash both have asked several times if this "is the real Tuck."

 So many friends and family were there to greet us at the airport. We appreciate each and every one of them. It is such a blessing to be loved by so many.

 Nash immediately stepped in as big brother to Tuck. This did not surprise us at all. He has been very worried that Tuck needs his bottle and he was the first of his brothers to hold Tuck.

 We took turns letting everyone hold Tuck at the airport.

 Ms. Cheryl was glad to see Tuck. She is my friend and office neighbor, so she gets daily update of LandLife happenings.

 Our first family photo of six (wait, I mean seven, Caleb was so sweet. He wanted to be right there with his buddies.). We love Caleb so much, we were happy to have him in our pictures.

 Reed was all over me. Of course, I loved every minute of it!

 Amber Joy and Tuck are together again. They were buds back in Taitung.

 Our children's pastor came to welcome Tuck home! So sweet.

 Uncle Bill and Reed doing "their" smile. No one else is allowed to do "their" smile.

 Love this one!

We came home and the boys "passionately discussed" who would get to fee Tuck first. Poppy had made a ham dinner. Pop and Lola came over and held Tuck while we played with the boys. Enna got here from work. I gave Nash and Will a bath. I fell asleep putting Will to bed. Nash and Reed came and woke me up and told me it was time to come to bed. Then I woke up about four. Will, Nash, and Reed slept in our bed. Enna and Poppy had Tuck duty. I think he slept good, but we will find out when they all wake up. I am about to go back to bed now!
Thank you all for your prayers. We are so happy as a family of six! We are so blessed and so thankful and even moreso in awe of God's graciousness that He would allow us the opportunity to parent four amazing little boys. I would have NEVER in a million, gazillion years ever told you that I would be dad to four of the more amazing sons God ever created, but I am forever grateful to Him for the opportunity.
Post a Comment