Custom Search

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Growing Up Is Hard to Do


I'm going to deviate from the normal nature of this blog to give you an update about us. We usually post pictures of the kids, but sometimes I wonder if people think that we do anything besides take pictures of our boys.

Every couple of months I get an itch to look at a new house. I know that sounds silly, but I do. Abbey and I have always loved old houses and our town is full of beautiful old houses.

A couple of weeks ago, Abbey came home from a run and told me that there was a really neat craftsman that had been renovated that she ran past. So it wasn't long that I found myself on realtracs and looking at a beautiful renovated house.




Thankfully, our realtor is a friend and he doesn't seem to mind that we are constantly dreaming about our dream home. We went to look at the house and fell in love. It was built in 1901 and has been totally remolded. It is absolutely amazing.

The problem is that the price is too high in my opinion. WAY TOO HIGH! Other problems are wrong school zone, busy street, and no garage. But it is absolutely amazing house.

That got me to look at other houses in the historic district and I came upen another amazing house. This one, larger, lower priced and on a beautiful street. Brandon took us to see it yesterday.




The house was remolded as well ... In 1979. It was in good condition though and had a garage. The issue was again, the schools and the fact that it is an enormous house in need of updating. Just too much of a risk for us. The house was built in 1894.

Truthfully, sometimes I get discontent in what we've been blessed with. We have a beautiful home that is more than adequate for our family. We (mostly me) just get antsy to keep up with the Joneses.

We need to get into better financial place and also the thought of listing our home with four young sons is overwhelming. So we are going to stay out for now and enjoy what God has blessed us with. I think ultimately we are going to build a house that will be great for our family.

No comments: