Custom Search

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I didn't forget you!



I didn't forget to blog, but it has been a very busy few days. Abbey and Reed went to Memphis this weekend, so I was home for a few days.



Abbey got Reed this water toy that is a beach ball with sprinklers on it.



Reed loved the fact that it was a ball, the fact that it shot water out—not so much.



He did enjoy playing the water though.



The big news for tonight is about the weather. It was horrible.



After church, we were waiting on parents to come and pick up there kids (in case you don't work with kids regularly, I have found that parents tend to forget they have children when they are at church.). Anyway, while we were there, the tornado sirens started sounding.



By the time that we left, some time later, there were several fire trucks and firemen all around and in our church. Reed was quite impressed by the firemen walking through our church looking for the mechanical room that had sent a signal.

We finally arrived home and are still hearing the rain and thunder outside. Sleep might be nice tonight!

4 comments:

Sewconsult said...

How well I know about waiting for parents! After 20 yrs in the preschool area of church, I agree that some parents forget that their children's teachers have families, too.
Thank you for serving in that area.
Beckie (your co-worker, Andi's mom)

Anonymous said...

I love the ball!!! It looks like so much fun!! I know that the bad weather coupled with the fact that you had teens with you...probably was a little scary. Love you, MOM AKA ENNA

Lisa said...

Hi!

I guess you would call me a lurker, but I promise I'm harmless.....we've been fingerprinted afterall! :)

I just wanted to pop in to say congratulations on being placed on the list! I am very excited for you all and ready to follow along for #2!

Sorry this is coming way late....Reed was one of the first little faces we saw on that magical day we clicked the JOH website and now our miracle baby boy is sleeping away just upstairs!

Thank you for sharing and I wish you many blessings ahead....
Lisa C. JOH
P.S. Oh my gosh, so LOVING those bibs in the previous post!!

Mary Catherine said...

I was at my friend`s house that night and there was a FUNNEL CLOUND right behind her house!!